Guest strategy written by Glen
The idea of this system is to find the class horse with the highest ability in the race. We rate two areas of the horse’s performance. The first area is the Ability:
- Take the horse’s total win money (not money awarded for place finishes)
- Divide this by the number of winning races multiplied by 100
If we had a runner with £16,000 in prize money that has won four times then we would get:
16,000 / 400 = 40
His Ability rating would be 40. The next rating that we calculate is for the Class of the horse.
- Divide the prize money available in the horse’s last race by 100
If our runner’s last race was worth £35,000 then we would get:
35,000 / 100 = 350
The Class rating would be 350.
Finding the selections
There are a few rules to finding your selections once you have your ratings.
- Your selection needs to have previously won the most valuable race of all the runners
- Your selection should not have moved up or down by more than 10 pounds since its last race
- Your selection should be in the top 4 rated horses for both ratings
I would also suggest that when you have these selections you do a bit of further analysis on them to make sure that they like the distance and going etc….
You could also further refine the strategy, e.g. bet the only if selection is clear by 40 or more points
The community strategy section of the Race Advisor website contains strategies written by our community. They have not been tested or created by anyone associated with the Race Advisor, and are used at your own risk, but are here to be discussed and developed. If any are shown a particularly strong interest then we will consider providing the selections from them in our members area. If you would like to share a system or strategy and discuss it with the community then please email us through our contact page.